Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Patent Patent Patent Patent Patent Patent



Well I don't think many people know this about me but.. I have a lot of mechanical ideas, I actually have a notebook with pages and pages of ideas. But! I've never managed to finish any of them or even manage to complete a prototype. Which has always bothered, even more so lately. The closest I've gotten is with my recent one. I had some parts made of plastic in a rapid prototyping machine (basically a 3d printer that spits out plastic parts) a ways back. Then moved on to trying to get a business license which I couldn't get so on to the back-burner my idea went.

Lately though I was doing my usually bit of thinking and devised a better way to go about it. So I went out and got a book on filing a provisional patent. It's kind of like a placeholder for a real patent that you're gonna file in the future and lets you say patent pending. I finished it up today and mailed it off.. now I wait to get confirmation back that everything is good and filed :). I'm happy yet nervous because the thought of someone beating you to the punch is really nerve racking.. Hopefully I can bring my idea to reality in some timely fashion and make something out of it.
Maybe once I get my postcard back telling me it's been filed I'll post more about it..
In the mean time check out
Sound101.org
and!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Amélie
I watched this last night on the Independent Film Channel - 550 on DirectTv.
I really recommend it unless you can't stand sub-titles
It's a movie about a girl who likes to anonymously make people happy or do mischievous things to the deserving.. and toys with a guy she has a crush on with games and notes..
I don't think any description really can sum up the movie.. I'd just say check it out.. it's really good..

As usual:

1 comment:

zzzzzzzz said...

grrr i have that dvd and you didnt want to watch it! :(