Monday, April 23, 2007

See you there at 6:30pm!

Why why why do people do this in LA during the week ?? I mean from say 3:30-6:30 it's rush hour in LA, which means you might be doing a cool 10mph (at most) on the freeway. So getting anywhere past a couple miles means either taking the streets to avoid the frustration of the freeway... leaving before rush hour and finding something to do for a few hours... or have a fun time sitting really really aggravating traffic.
I just feel like blowing people off when they do it unless I live somewhat near wherever we're going. It aggravates me when tell me see you there at 6-6:30 at a place 30 miles away from me. I mean I don't wanna make my friends or family sit in traffic so if I do have anything planned during the week which is like incredibly rare, I do it at 8 o'clock or so. So they can leave at 7 and not sit in traffic... hopefully..
I've had this done to me by a few people a couple times.. I just wanna know does anyone take things like this into account ?? Now that I think about it I actually have completely blown off people who've asked me to show up somewhere at some ridiculous(to me) time (Ok and I don't really like them much either).
Sounds crummy but I drive a lot.. I might put a few hundred miles on my car in a couple days.. It's not bad driving when there isn't traffic but when there is it just sucks everything out of me. I mean ya I've had to sit in traffic for my old job but that was because I had to. I get annoyed over it because there is no reason to sit in traffic to go to dinner with someone for the most part..
blah that's it..

The usual:

No comments: